Question? Possible to send Flower to my dear friend's grave?

Windy65

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
Hello:

I discovered my old Navy guy 's grave at web-site when searching his name wondering whether he's still in good health and doing well because he's in his early 80'. I dated him awhile until his deployment, Vietnam and still happy, lingering memory, even though it's been more than 55 years.

The grave has been sitting in his birth state for more than 50 years although a picture of the grave itself is as if

only few days' old. It's extremely shock and very saddened to see his passing, at age 31. I'd like to visit his Grave, however I'm no longer a younger person for that long distance travel.

I want to send 'flower' with a brief note to his grave, even though I have no good clue 'how to send the flower' to his grave appropriately.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello:

I discovered my old Navy guy 's grave at web-site when searching his name wondering whether he's still in good health and doing well because he's in his early 80'. I dated him awhile until his deployment, Vietnam and still happy, lingering memory, even though it's been more than 55 years.

The grave has been sitting in his birth state for more than 50 years although a picture of the grave itself is as if

only few days' old. It's extremely shock and very saddened to see his passing, at age 31. I'd like to visit his Grave, however I'm no longer a younger person for that long distance travel.

I want to send 'flower' with a brief note to his grave, even though I have no good clue 'how to send the flower' to his grave appropriately.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks,
I suggest making contact with the cemetery he lies in to get the exact location i.e. plot number, row and area etc. Any decent florist will deliver to that exact plot for you, I'm sure a florist near the cemetery will be very happy to deliver them to the grave site. An internet search will get you a florist details and you can place an order online directly with them.

Good luck and please let us known how you get on :)

I suggest making contact with the cemetery he lies in to get the exact location i.e. plot number, row and area etc. Any decent florist will deliver to that exact plot for you, I'm sure a florist near the cemetery will be very happy to deliver them to the grave site. An internet search will get you a florist details and you can place an order online directly with them.

Thanks for the response with a good suggestion. I found Florist around that area and e-mailed, but no clue how far from there nor able to deliver Flower to my old Navy friend, address: Sweetwater Cemetery, Clay county, North Carolina, July 24, 1938 - January 3, 1970, age 31 (on his grave).
More detailed to my previous thread/post:
His name is Charles H. Hill Jr. stationed at Yokohama Navy base in Japan and working communication-related branch(building) when I met him back mid-1960's and dated him less than one year until his deployment, Vietnam. He's an average Navy guy in his 'mid-20's with Southern accent because he was from North Carolina. His personal background is a bit complex for his age, ... seperation, not divorce yet. After a couple of dates, he told me no future between us, but I could not help but loving him because his kindness and so nice to me. I lost my mother at my tender age 4 and needed 'kindness and caring.' He kept saying 'I deserve a good guy' and was careful not to harm my finding a good guy even his knowing that I'm an average Japanese girl, a bit more one year younger than him working American Co. in Tokyo. That, every single words with kind and caring expression, I can never forget even though it's been close to 60 years.

During those, more than 55 years, I never looked at computer to seek his whereabout because of busy to my family. I believe that Charles may have known my marriage seeing no more my writing X-mas card after I dated my husband and marriage.

Last edited:
I found florist nearby and placed an order flowers. It's not cheap, rather I paid a bit more $100 which includes service and delivery charges. I sent a nice traditional sympathy flowers with a card, .... 'with all my Love.'

I asked florist whether they can send me a photo, however they are not able to do photo-service on which I got phone call for delivery confirmation, cemetery and his headstone.

It's terrible to have found his passing, age 31. I have no clue whether his passing is related to combat or somewhere else recalling in his Xmas card, he's working a private company. Either way, it does not matter to me, I still have a very fond memory being with him in Japan and wish he's happy in Haven.

I'm glad I did send flowers to his beautiful and peaceful resting place in North Carolina.

Last edited:
I found florist nearby and placed an order flowers. It's not cheap, rather I paid a bit more $100 which includes service and delivery charges. I sent a nice traditional sympathy flowers with a card, .... 'with all my Love.'

I asked florist whether they can send me a photo, however they are not able to do photo-service on which I got phone call for delivery confirmation, cemetery and his headstone.

It's terrible to have found his passing, age 31. I have no clue whether his passing is related to combat or somewhere else recalling in his Xmas card, he's working a private company. Either way, it does not matter to me, I still have a very fond memory being with him in Japan and wish he's happy in Haven.

I'm glad I did send flowers to his beautiful and peaceful resting place in North Carolina.
I'm so glad you were able to send some flowers to him, I hope you will also get some peace from knowing where he lies.

I was able to find out this information for you, I don't know if you have it already but it is here:
https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryu...s=39&queryId=475d67d7eda4b0c9b9a83ee58f7afb8e

https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryu...s=39&queryId=475d67d7eda4b0c9b9a83ee58f7afb8e

I'm so glad you were able to send some flowers to him, I hope you will also get some peace from knowing where he lies.

I was able to find out this information for you, I don't know if you have it already but it is here:

Yes, that's how I found his resting place when typing his name, birth state(NC), birth-date and Vietnam Veteran.
He always told me his name is Charles, not Charlie, but it does not matter to me. I always called him 'Charles.'
His headstone is a sort of 'military style,' but in his Xmas card received before dating my husband, he's working private company that appears to me he's still in Vietnam, not here, US ground.

I never attempt to judge him knowing he was a young Navy guy with some personal issues, all of which he told me after a couple of dates. To this day, even close to 60 years, I still have a happy memory being with him. Also, sadly, I never forget his back saying 'Good-bye' before the deployment. That was a last time I saw him in person.

My husband is a wonderful man and I told him my personal history with Charles both in person and in writing a letter before getting serious. We, both worked together on our marriage and made a constructive and happy marriage. However, like anyone else who had a guy prior to the marriage, there is a history, ... if not that 'experience' with someone else.

At this moment, my only hope and wish is .... Charles is happy in Haven and hope 'live long.' Also, Charles loves flowers I sent from here to his resting place in North Carolina.

Last edited:
Yes, that's how I found his resting place when typing his name, birth state(NC), birth-date and Vietnam Veteran.
He always told me his name is Charles, not Charlie, but it does not matter to me. I always called him 'Charles.'
His headstone is a sort of 'military style,' but in his Xmas card received before dating my husband, he's working private company that appears to me he's still in Vietnam, not here, US ground.

I never attempt to judge him knowing he was a young Navy guy with some personal issues, all of which he told me after a couple of dates. To this day, even close to 60 years, I still have a happy memory being with him. Also, sadly, I never forget his back saying 'Good-bye' before the deployment. That was a last time I saw him in person.

My husband is a wonderful man and I told him my personal history with Charles both in person and in writing a letter before getting serious. We, both worked together on our marriage and made a constructive and happy marriage. However, like anyone else who had a guy prior to the marriage, there is a history, ... if not that 'experience' with someone else.

At this moment, my only hope and wish is .... Charles is happy in Haven and hope 'live long.' Also, Charles loves flowers I sent from here to his resting place in North Carolina.
I did a search in two Vietnam War Memorial online databases of casualties on his last name "Hill", year of birth "1938" and state of "North Carolina". There was no listing. I also tried first name "Charles", last name "Hill", branch "Navy" and year of death "1970" and that produced no result either. Unless there has been an administrative mistake he did not die in Vietnam or from service relating to the Vietnam war.

Great to see you care so much after all this time :)

Back