Politics Police news / incidents etc

You're not making any sense. If you're trying to say that European police agencies have a way of being able to not kill so many people, that's true. But better training seems to be a perfectly good explanation for that discrepancy, especially if hiring requirements had been lowered prior to Nichols' murder, just like @Ivan suggested. Another US-specific issue that goes under-appreciated from what I can gather is the power of the police unions, by the way, who obstruct any attempts to reform law enforcement from the top down.
The only reason why I'd agree with that sentiment is that all those within the US of A should've realised by now the danger that comes with disregarding commands issued by American police officers. Due to the weight of the evidence, I'm perfectly willing to play the armchair quarterback here and state: There was no danger. Knife-throwing to kill is a movie trope, and if you can't contain a double-amputee without lethal force, who could you possibly hope to contain? Had this incident occured in your country or mine, every Dutch or German court would've sentenced the involved officers for manslaughter. That man didn't need to die, and had he even been the biggest scumbag in the world.
^^This, I'm a police officer of 35+ years, 30 years on the streets. I've been stabbed and shot at and had innumerable situations of violence and intent.......no police officer should be ok with this happening. I've hammered into every recruit I've had to partner up with "never be afraid to put your hands on someone"
So many young guys/lasses seem to have an abject aversion to talking to someone, especially those who are "goingoff". You must be willing to spend as much time as each situation needs, minutes or hours. But when violence is threatened and you run out of options you have to be willing to get in close and personal. Lethal force is an absolute last resort.

I'm not explaining very well and I simply don't have the patience these days to go into all the possible variations on the theme. Except for if that guy was coming straight at you with intent to bury the knife in your chest, there is no way in the world a gun should have been discharged...End of

For someone explaining not very well, that’s clear cut for me.

Variations is the key issue. Muck eloquently put things in perspective as well. If a cop has to come to this « it’s either me or him », then the cop has all the right and depending on the jurisdiction or country to gun the perp down.

This should be a no-brainer.

Recently in this thread, we talked about England and some crim assaulting a number of cops with a large knife and was very much determined in killing them, as we all know though, the average British Bobby generally doesn’t have a gun, so they used restraint and subdued him instead.

Fortunately no British cops were killed, but sometimes that’s just dumb luck.

Unless we’re talking a mentally unstable person having some weird episode, usually people assaulting cops like that is hardly their first ever offense. It’s hard for me to shed tears over people like that.

just sayin......

Indeed "just sayin' ".
Try thinking about what you are "just sayin' " first next time. And, while you are at it, place it back into its context.

The "Europel, civilization..... Hungary, today... one arrest, zero dead.." analogy is equally BS, misplaced and tired. In addition to being a rather meaningful exemplification of your lack of understanding on the matter (weren't you supposed to be an expert regarding the US? Big library, lots of books and such? How is your article going by the way, progressing?).

These comparisons are pointless and absurd.

Though European police agencies do, indeed, kill less people per interaction than US police, limiting your "analysis" to just that is fundamentally inept.
It goes beyond the amount of training, it goes beyond the concept of "European civilization" (wtf does it have to do with anything to begin with?!). You have to take into account laws, politics, mentality, culture, local backgrounds, etc...

And the fact you couldn't help yourself but to find a way to, somehow, make it about "Trump" is, at best, *a word that shall remain censored*.

Last edited:

TLDR: California bill introduced would limit cops to only being allowed to buy firearms that other citizens can get within the state, no more LEO/EMT exemptions.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

a Turkish policeman "educates" the looter with a leather belt (By the way, the tens of thousands of survivors who are starving due to non-arriving food aid..., the reason for which is that international donations had to be wrapped over the emblems of the Cardigan Party Foundation, and international and local donors prefer not to do this they continued to undertake, so the number of aid deliveries dwindled...!)

..........and as you can see, there's only three of them that did it because of that!!! That's the purpose of crime & PUNISHMENT!!!!!

a Turkish policeman "educates" the looter with a leather belt (By the way, the tens of thousands of survivors who are starving due to non-arriving food aid..., the reason for which is that international donations had to be wrapped over the emblems of the Cardigan Party Foundation, and international and local donors prefer not to do this they continued to undertake, so the number of aid deliveries dwindled...!)
In any 1st world country this would result in a big lawsuit being filed against the police department and the survivors getting big fat paychecks from the state.

I did not watch the video, but I generally believe we need more PAINFUL and IMMEDIATE consequences for breaking the law, especially when the criminals are committing random acts of violence, robbery, thieving, and vandalism. People starving during a public disaster is one thing, but average bad/criminal behavior is quite another.

A good caning or thrashing by a public order officer would do some real good these days.

I'm in a foul mood this Monday morning, but some time spent in the stocks in the public square for ASBO disorderly conduct perps would do a world of good to teach a lesson or two.

There is a clip in this vid that shows the perp stabbing a guy, so much for the familys claims he was harmless!

Old but Gold ...

Guy flashing his privates, calls a police officer a whore, gets tased.

Nice of him to take all of his clothes off so the prongs have a better chance of connecting! (Y)

this video could be in the blm thread, the woke thread, the biden thread but hopefully it gets seen here... company sized element of antifa attack police with rocks and fireworks, you know, same ol same ol...

SOV-CIT pushes it to a gunfight with a Policeman! Doesn't end well.