archaeology Ordinary Day Of Black Archaeologists - German Dugout

diman

Mi Captain
MI.Net Member
Russia. Winter, February 2017. Former positions of the North-Western Front. Demyansk boiler Ramushevsky corridor. There were fierce battles After more than 70 years on German positions, a dug-out shelter of German artillerymen was found.
9815702.jpg

A map that marks how the battles took place on the North-Western Front
9815720.jpg

Early morning
9815725 (1).jpg

This is the place of former German positions
9815729.jpg

Iron of the Bygone War
9815732.jpg

German bayonet-knife lay decades
9815736.jpg

Boxes from mines
9815739.jpg

shivers
9815861.jpg
9815865.jpg
9815866.jpg

At the entrance was found a bundle of explosives of three bricks, each weighing 1 kg. Leaving the encirclement, the Germans often mined
their positions ...

9815895.jpg

9815883.jpg

9815881.jpg

I will end with this photo. Russia. Winter. North-Western Front. Fascist helmet with a skull without a master. They used to think that they were an exceptional nation. Found in the trench cell. It was a cruel Nazi enemy who killed and did evil, no one called on our land.
9815904.jpg

I enjoy using a metal detector but would not like to hit an old bomb or grenade with my shovel. It might have a rotten fuse and then... *poof*.

It never fails to amaze me what items remain after so many years. SW

I enjoy using a metal detector but would not like to hit an old bomb or grenade with my shovel. It might have a rotten fuse and then... *poof*.

It never fails to amaze me what items remain after so many years. SW

I have a metal detector, not used it much and only ever found ring pulls and low value coins mil-smile08

I have a metal detector, not used it much and only ever found ring pulls and low value coins mil-smile08

All exactly so
In my case it is necessary to search in places where there were not very strong battles
Inexpensive coins of 200-400 years, ringlets and iron rubbish

Explosives are not dangerous, fuses have been destroyed for many years in the earth
Dangerous mortar shells with impact fuses, but they are rare