Terror News about terrorism - foiled attacks, arrests, threat level etc

"Total unlimited access to guns is not the guarantee of freedom"

wat?

First of all: "Total unlimited access to guns"?
WTF? Where? What country does that?

Second: "guarantee of freedom"?
That's... that's not... wtf?!
What is a "guarantee of freedom" to begin with?
Where is "freedom" "guaranteed"?
What text says and/or talks about "guaranteeing freedom"?
In the context of the US, where in the constitution is there any stipulation of "freedom" being "guaranteed"? *plot twist, that's not what the 2nd Amendment says AT ALL*

Third: "access to guns" in relation to "guarantee of freedom"?
What???

Not only does it have ZILCH to do with anything, but the mere premise has a few dozen extra chromosomes in it...

If you quote me, quote me, otherwise it just makes you look insecure.

what does anything you are saying here, have to do with anything?
when a hammer is all you have everything looks like a nail? what does that mean in the context of the situation? did you just like the way it sounds?
how does that glib phrase address mental health issues?
how does it have anything to do with crime?
last I checked, homicides by all means are trending DOWN in the US. isnt that a good thing?
"culture" has NOTHING to do with anything. mental health is the reason why people kill others, it doesn't have to do with having a weapon, or not... law abiding, mentally healthy citizens are not going to be tempted to engage in some nefarious deed just because a legally owned rifle of some sort is sitting around.
do you think rifles have some sort of evil intent? do you think they are animate sentient objects that are trying to subvert their owners through some kind of thought manipulation?
keep blaming the guns, and you will get nowhere. start addressing the reasons behind crime and mental health, and you might start to get somewhere.
You need to reread what I wrote because I precisely say the guns are not the problem, and that restrictions to gun types would probably not have that much of an effect.

Yet Americans have guns like anyone else, but there is something cultural that makes people use them more.

Now if you consider, and I partially agree, that the problem is mental health, then would that not justify more background checks?

But the love story with guns, the romance about owning them, and showing them, and talking about them, puts guns as an everyday aspect of life which it should not be. Swiss people don´t brag about they have...but you would not want to trespass there.

EDIT: just to illustrate how guns become the cornerstone of the culture...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

A big part of the US issue (in my ever so humble opinion) is the insistence on treating teenagers as adults - whether that be in purchasing firearms, transitioning gender, having a baby or voting. Teenagers are not adults, and should be subject to more oversight when exercising the rights that the constitution guarantees. Far too many of the shootings have occurred with teens who have legally obtained firearm(s) without their parents knowledge. Knock that on the head and probably 25% of the problem goes away.

Mental health just has worsened in the US and Europa and it went from quite bad pre-Covid to very much worse past, assuming we’re past the ChinaVirus pandemic anyway. The pharmacist here recently told me they used to sell, on prescription 300 boxes of Xanax, and other downers a year to triple that now three years into the pandemic. What could possibly go wrong and the medias for once rightly talk and are worried about it, especially when the youth get hooked on critical drugs like that.

Me? I wouldn’t blame guns. Incidentally, as telmar points out even though I don’t agree with everything he says before, literally every single household in Switzerland has a rifle or gun. There’s probably the odd shooting or dramas but it’s a fine and fair example of one of the last bit of freedom and democracy left in Europe regarding that and almost as importantly about freedom of speech/opinion.

You need to reread what I wrote because I precisely say the guns are not the problem, and that restrictions to gun types would probably not have that much of an effect.

Yet Americans have guns like anyone else, but there is something cultural that makes people use them more.

Now if you consider, and I partially agree, that the problem is mental health, then would that not justify more background checks?

But the love story with guns, the romance about owning them, and showing them, and talking about them, puts guns as an everyday aspect of life which it should not be. Swiss people don´t brag about they have...but you would not want to trespass there.

EDIT: just to illustrate how guns become the cornerstone of the culture...

ok, maybe I misunderstood you, but it is a very common thing here for people to insinuate that is the GUNS that are the problem, not the person wielding the gun, and that somehow, if us normal, mentally health non psychotic types give up our guns, that somehow things will change.... It is also very oftenly insinuated that by having a firearm of some sort, that it will somehow eventually turn you into some nefarious character...
the antigunners think that when you go to purchase a gun, you should have to watch a video of gun violence, similar to how a woman getting an abortion has to watch an abortion film before getting the abortion... as if we are all buying a firearm because we want to go and hurt someone with it....
the logic is completely wrong, and its a completely non equivocal situation...

that pic is hilarious by the way and signifies nothing other than a good sense of humor...

its insane to think that someone with fully functional sex organs, and the full contingent of proper genetic material, no deformities or dysfunction, who thinks they have the "wrong" body, the wrong "sex", that they should be the opposite of whatever they are, is NOT mentally ill.
I know thats kind of a clunky sentence, but a person like that is NOT mentally healthy, and they need help, not surgery and hormones. any surgery should be the absolute last resort, and it needs to be presented as it really is, only superficial, only cosmetic...
both hormones and surgery need to be explained as only superficial and that it doesnt really change anything....
of course NONE of those options should be available until they have gone through extensive mental health treatment, and no surgery or hormones should be available until after adulthood.
I remember in the 80's, body dysmorphia was the thing. and it wasnt celebrated and encouraged, it was TREATED. it was recognized as a mental health issue.... we didnt prescribe people appetite suppressants and just let them keep getting skinnier and skinnier until death or hospitalization.
it was recognized that their view of themselves and of reality was FALSE.
it should be no different now...

Once again, guns are not the problems.
The problems are morons who somehow manage to get their hands on guns.

^--- Sorry to hear the YouTube Influencer survived his own jack-assery.

Ahhh.... maybe it was a bit harsh to say survived..... I hope he learned a lesson.

Now on the other hand, if you "prank" someone in a way that could possibly be mistaken as kidnapping/carjacking/murder attempt; then I have no sympathy for you if you get a fatal response.

A loud explosion has been heard at an outdoor event being attended by Japan's prime minister.

Japanese media claims a pipe-like object was thrown at Fumio Kishida, and it appeared to be a smoke bomb.

It happened shortly after he began a speech at a port in the city of Wakayama - and the leader was subsequently evacuated.
https://news.sky.com/story/japanese...n-heard-during-outdoor-event-reports-12857537

Crazy skills by his protection

The counter-terror unit of the Georgian State Security Service apprehended another ISIS officer with high connections, who fought and committed terrorist acts in Syria.

As a result of a special operation carried out by the counter-terrorist center of the State Security Service, on the basis of a court ruling, the leader of one of the groups of the terrorist organization "Islamic State", Georgian citizen Malkhaz Paksashvili was arrested.

As a result of the joint measures of the Counter-Terrorist Center, the General Prosecutor's Office of Georgia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs, it was established that the mentioned person left Georgia in 2013, went to Syria and joined the terrorist organization "Islamic State".

In 2013-2015, he was enrolled in the group of "Military Emirs", brothers Cesar and Tsiskara Tokhosashvili, and took an active part in the attacks and military operations carried out by the mentioned terrorist organization.

The detainee had close ties with the high-ranking military commanders of the "Islamic State" and held the position of "deputy" of one of the groups of the said terrorist organization.

The case is being investigated under Article 328 of the Criminal Code of Georgia, which refers to joining a terrorist organization of a foreign country and assisting in terrorist activities. The crime is punishable by imprisonment from 10 to 17 years.

The State Security Service of Georgia continues to fight international terrorism. Georgia remains one of the active members and reliable partners of the international counter-terrorist system.

- SSG

SSG 23 - 11As.jpg

SSG 23 - 7s.jpg

SSG 23 - 3As.jpg

Last edited:
The terrorist hunt in Georgia continues. 6 more arrests today.

The counter-terrorist center arrested the supporters of the "Islamic State".
As a result of a large-scale special operation conducted by the Counter-Terrorist Center of the State Security Service, supporters of the terrorist organization "Islamic State" were arrested on the basis of a court ruling. The counter-terrorist operation was carried out in four places at the same time, 6 citizens of Georgia were arrested.

According to the evidence obtained as a result of the joint measures of the Counter-Terrorist Center, the General Prosecutor's Office of Georgia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs, it was established that the mentioned persons had connections with one of the influential leaders of the terrorist organization "Islamic State" and planned various types of terrorist activities under his command in several countries.

As a result of the investigative actions, symbols of the terrorist organization, devices carrying electronic information, ammunition, explosive substances and various evidence important for the investigation were removed.

The case is being investigated under Articles 328 and 236 of the Criminal Code of Georgia, which refers to joining a terrorist organization of a foreign country, assisting in terrorist activities, illegal acquisition and storage of firearms, ammunition and explosive substances. The counter-terrorist center of the State Security Service is conducting the investigation.

Within the framework of the mentioned investigation, the counter-terrorist center, based on the obtained evidence, identified certain terrorist activities in the territory of different foreign countries, and taking into account the increased danger, the information was promptly shared with the partner countries.
We note here that within the framework of the same case, a criminal prosecution was initiated against one citizen of a foreign country, who was placed in the temporary accommodation center of the Migration Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs by order of the court.

Video

SSG 23 - 114s.jpg

SSG 23 - 74s.jpg

SSG 23 - 71s.jpg

SSG 23 - 31s.jpg

Last edited:

Once again, guns are not the problems.
The problems are morons who somehow manage to get their hands on guns.
the pranks I have seen have been pretty over the top, and the pranksters deserve every negative reaction they get. Any idea what this particular prank was?