Terror News about terrorism - foiled attacks, arrests, threat level etc

In other news...

I was about to say that the so called ISIS would claim responsibility but if they have information about the names of the bombers and this is confirmed, then perhaps it could be accepted ?

Such hideous and evil act, now targeting unsuspecting peaceful nations.

But the thing is that the Sri Lankan government failed here big time, they already have the information about the planned attack and they did not act on it.

Fri 03-05-2019 22:01 PM
Morocco dismantles terror cell in Tangier

Two french hostages (seized in Benin by a Malian jihadi element) were freed today. Alongside one american and one south korean
Unfortunately, two marine SF operators (Commando Hubert) were killed during the operation. RIP to the brave soldiers

Two french hostages (seized in Benin by a Malian jihadi element) were freed today. Alongside one american and one south korean
Unfortunately, two marine SF operators (Commando Hubert) were killed during the operation. RIP to the brave soldiers

Only just heard about this . Any explanation on why the 2 fellas were wondering around in a really dangerous area ? Theres nothing worse than dumb westerners putting themselves in harm's way which in this case has resulted in the unfortunate loss of life .

Only just heard about this . Any explanation on why the 2 fellas were wondering around in a really dangerous area ? Theres nothing worse than dumb westerners putting themselves in harm's way which in this case has resulted in the unfortunate loss of life .

Your question and answer in the same paragraph, bolded for you.

Thank you Jake . I thought it was just me . 2 soldiers died saving a pair of middle class fools ? Honestly , why is this not reported more .

It’s been reported enough, in France anyway but I suppose elsewhere too.

Boko Haram and Al Qaida in Islamic Maghreb have been infesting Western Africa for years now and their barbaric ways have been a bit eclipsed by IS in Iraq and Syria.

The desctruction spree a few years ago when the most notable mosque of Timbuktu was levelled made it to the headlines across the world. But people's attention span is getting ever shorter the more stuff they get fed through their daily media addiction. Add to that a pinch of general political ignorance and you have your random dumb tourist.

There is however a controversy to know if they were in a red zone (fully forbidden), orange zone (access with excessive caution) or yellow zone (access with normal caution as tourist).
The red-orange-yellow-green being our Foreign Ministry classification that is sometimes either not up to date or overly fearmongering.
Plus tangos are not geographically limited, they are like a plague that can easilly go transborder
See Sri Lanka example : the country was in yellow (normal tourist caution) yet a few were caught in multiple massive terror actions.
But i'd also agree with you, too much people are buying cheap travel with two internet clicks and don't inform themselves about the situation be it sanitary, environmental or political of they area they go

@Mordoror, while the Yellow, Orange or red level of dangerousness of such and such places is a bit shady and hard to understand for most people (including us no doubt), traveling to Western Africa these days can be quite perilous especially as white people.

Also, it’s true that while France, and other western countries are mostly “safe” to travel, or even for the locals, terrorism can hit pretty much anywhere, anytime. I remember the Trèbes attack in a supermarket which killed 5 including Colonel Beltrame...

Sure, I feel safer in my small French town, but we have to live and be careful with the odds of terrorism.

The infamous “American taliban” is about to be freed from prison, and is as radicalized as ever.

A 47 year old Syrian "refugee" was arrested in the Netherlands. He came into the country in 2014 and is said to be a former Syrian army officer.

Oh that and he commanded an Al-Nusra unit the size of a battalion and commited loads of warcrimes. Luckily it only took western "intelligence" five years to figure out who he really was. His refugee status was temporary and under Dutch law has to be converted into citizenship automatically after five years. Well automatically unless they lied on their application or serious crimes have been commited since applying. Crimes like rape and attempted murder aren't listed in that category (today the secretary of immigration affairs got canned over that coverup of the joys of unchecked immigration). So I'm guessing he will be getting a Dutch passport regardless! Because the alternative is sending him back to Syria full of dangerous terrorists that commit warcrimes :eek:

Searches were also carried out in Germany at six or more locations where other members of the unit lived after becoming "refugees".

Minor news on the international scale, but big news domestically due to the implications of a more "militarized" police force in this still self-doubting country: Per ES&T magazine, the State Police of Hesse has announced it will swap its H&K MP5 submachine guns – deemed adequate as a backup weapon for well over half a century – for new H&K G38 assault rifles. The AR15-style weapons are to be equipped with weaponlights and Comp M4 or M5Xi optics.

With that, all German States as well as federal-level agencies have commenced equipping their patrol cars with assault rifles and ballistic protection suits, reflecting recent challenges to homeland security.

The Hamburg police just recently went ahead, too, and procured a number of Haenel CR 223 rifles. These are semi-auto AR-15 derivatives chambered in .223 Remington.

Yep. Most states went for AR derivatives. A couple of them bought HK G36s, and Northrhine Westphalia went for the FN SCAR.