Audio Movie Soundtracks ??

colin traveller

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
Does anyone collect Movie , TV Sndtracks ??

Battle of Britain , Wild Geese , Guns of Navarone , Zulu [ 2 versions ] . River Kwai , Band of Brothers , Midway , Waterloo , Patton , Killing fields , Das Boot [ Audio 6 CD ] , The Dirty Dozen , Good Morning Vietnam . Full Metal Jacket , Schindlers List , Gods N Generals ...

And several others ...

My dad used to have quite a few, one track from We Were soldiers me and my dad loved

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I played it at his funeral, seeing his coffin draped with a Parachute Regiment drape and his Para beret atop whilst listening to this was a very moving experience.

Last edited:
Here is a list of some of the greatest War Movie Sounds found on
War Movies - The Greatest Themes Ever!
4 discs

The Longest Day - City Of Prague Philharmonic And Bateman
Attack On The Iron Coast (Main Theme) – The Philharmonia Orchestra Conducted By Kenneth Alwyn
Band Of Brothers (Prelude) - The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted By Mario Klemens
Band Of Brothers (Main Theme) - The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted By Mario Klemens
Battle Of Britain (Aces High) - City Of Prague Philharmonic And Bateman
The Battle Of The Bulge - City Of Prague Philharmonic And Bateman
The Blue Max (Overture / The Bridge / Finale) - The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted By Nic Raine
Das Boot - Mark Ayres
The Bridge At Remagen - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
The Bridge On The River Kwai (Colonel Bogey) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
A Bridge Too Far (Main Theme) - The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted By Paul Bateman
The Caine Mutiny (March) - Westminster Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted By Kenneth Alwyn
The Captive Heart (The Prisoners March) - Royal Ballet Sinfonia Conducted By Kenneth Alwyn
Casablanca (Suite) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Kenneth Alwyn
Coastal Command (Prelude / Dawn Patrol / U-Boat Alert) - The Philharmonia Conducted By Kenneth Alwyn
The Cruel Sea (Prelude And Nocturne) - Royal Ballet Sinfonia Conducted By Kenneth Alwyn
The Dambusters - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
The Diary Of Anne Frank (Overture) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
The Eagle Has Landed - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
Empire Of The Sun (Exsultate Justi) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman With The Crouch End Festival Chorus
The English Patient (As Far As Florence / Rupert Bear) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Kenneth Alwyn
Fear And Desire (A Meditation On War) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Nic Raine
Force Ten From Navarone - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
Gallipoli (Albinonis Adagio) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Nic Raine
The Great Escape - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By James Fitzpatrick
The Guns Of Navarone (Prelude / The Legend / Finale) - The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted By Mario Klemens
Hanover Street (Main Theme) - City Of Prague Philharmonic And Nic Raine
The Hindenburg - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
In Harmony's Way (The Rock / Final Victory) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Nic Raine
Is Paris Burning? - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
King Rat - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Nic Raine
Lawrence Of Arabia (Main Title / That Is The Desert / Overture) - The Philharmonia Conducted By Tony Bremner
Lifeboat (Disaster) - 33. City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
MacArthur / Patton (The Generals Suite) - Philharmonia Conducted By Jerry Goldsmith
Malta G.C. (Finale Part Two) - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted By Kenneth Alwyn
Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence - Mark Ayres
Battle Of Midway - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
The Mountain Road (Suite) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
1941 (March) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
The Naked And The Dead (Prelude) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
The Night Of The Generals - City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted By Paul Bateman
Paradise Road - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman With The Crouch End Festival Chorus
Paths Of Glory (On Patrol) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Nic Raine
Pearl Harbor (Heart Of The Volunteer) - Charlotte Kinder And The City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Nic Raine
Saving Private Ryan (Hymn To The Fallen) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman With The Crouch End Festival Chorus
Schindlers List (Orchestral Version) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
Sergeant York (Overture) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Kenneth Alwyn
The Sharkfighters (Overture) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
Sink The Bismarck! - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
633 Squadron - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
Where Eagles Dare - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman
The World At War (Theme) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted By Carl Davis
The Longest Day (Choral Version) - City Of Prague Philharmonic Conducted By Paul Bateman With The Crouch End Festival Chorus

I remember this album, my dad had it aswell as many others at some point in time.

Of course the opening of Top Gun is my favorite...Nothing in the opening is contrived/scripted for the producers..great editing makes the pace a little faster than the real deal. Danger Zone starts at 2:35....Kick the tires..light the fires!

Last edited:
don´t forget the soundtrack of Flight of the Intruder, Firefox, Delta Force, Glory and Admiral, it´s modern movies, but very good soundtracks

Flight of the Intruder

Glory

Firefox

The delta Force

Admiral (a russian movie about Admiral Kolchak)

Last edited:
Star Wars...

When I was a kid, late 50s to mid 60s, westerns dominated TV here in the US. My dad's favorite was by far "the Rifleman" with Chuck Connors as a rancher in New Mexico.... He had a tricked out Winchester.

Lucas McCain could be counted on at the end of nearly episode to use his Winchester ..thusly;

Oh yea.. when my dad was watching TV you'd better not disrupt his TV show..no way...no how. Otherwise you'd be dismissed from the room. Another show he really liked was "Maverick" with James Garner. To my recollection he mainly watched the episodes in which James Garner played Bret Maverick. When Jack Kelly, Bart, was on the show..well he skipped some of those shows.

He like the 1/2 hour westerns best..like Bat Masterson with Gene Barry;

One of my favorite TV shows of all time is the original Tv series "Mission Impossible"..I have all the episodes on DVD...

Another show we watched from time to time was 77 Sunset Strip. about a group of cool cat private eyes. Now.. how they left the driveway in a '60 Thunderbird and were scene driving away in a '58 Ford..well is... quite a feat. oh I know cars...This show has 206 episodes in a six year run... 1958 to 1964.

....in 1989 the first Batman movie was produced. That is the only one of the Batman movies I liked. The rest of them have too dark a theme for me....don't like 'em..

Last edited:
Another one of my favorite Tv shows was "Crime Story" Very violent....just an excellent well written and produced show. Period correct and authentic dialogue ,costumes etc.. only 43 episodes in two seasons for this fine production...

First episode opening.......

Any James Bond film..

....the original "Superman" 1978 soundtrack. I remember taking my then 2 1/2 year old son to this film. He truly enjoyed it. It was the first film he ever watched from start to finish.