Warfare HAMAS attack on Israel, October 2023

Interesting idea Israel is developing to possibly deal with Hamas and Gaza post-war. I don't know why the US cares so much about the PA being involved in Gaza. The PA most likely remains corrupt and ineffective.

anyone other than israel taking care of gaza will see the formation of hamas or another fanatic group...... gaza shouldnt exist anymore if israel is looking for peace of mind

8 more hostages freed today.

Terrible news about Jerusalem, Hamas release their captives and murder more civilians in the same breath, forever scum.

RIP to the dead, may the injured recover quickly.

Pallywood classic. I guess it must have really hurt when he used his broken hand:
1701420243192.png

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A few thoughts on the recent hostage deal.
Earlier on this thread I made a few posts about how this war can be viewed as a horrible case of our (us vs Palis) mutual misunderstanding.
I've been wondering since the beginning of the hostage deal why would they give up the biggest strategic asset (from our perspective) - the women and children, given our incredible sensitivity and vulnerability when it comes to them being hostages. I start coming to realization that this was yet another case of them utterly failing to understand us.
In short, in the ME Arab,and especially Bedouin, culture (about 80% of Gazans are Bedouins) women occupy the lowest possible place in tribal social hierarchy - essentially a tribe owned baby making resource, a walking womb. A little illustration: if a Bedouin asked how many children he has, in most cases the answer wouldn't even include the daughters. Also, the honor killings, polygamy, trading brides for cattle etc etc.
My thesis, they simply didn't quite understand that by giving us back the women and children (from their perspective a borderline meaningless gesture, a total bargain) they relieve us from our biggest, most acute pain (and accordingly internal pressure), when it comes to hostages - essentially giving Israel freedom of action until the war is finished. From their perspective the men, especially the soldiers, are the strategic asset they are supposed to keep until the end, when the final deal is going to be worked out.

Earlier on this thread I made a few posts about how this war can be viewed as a horrible case of our (us vs Palis) mutual misunderstanding.
I've been wondering since the beginning of the hostage deal why would they give up the biggest strategic asset (from our perspective) - the women and children, given our incredible sensitivity and vulnerability when it comes to them being hostages. I start coming to realization that this was yet another case of them utterly failing to understand us.
In short, in the ME Arab,and especially Bedouin, culture (about 80% of Gazans are Bedouins) women occupy the lowest possible place in tribal social hierarchy - essentially a tribe owned baby making resource, a walking womb. A little illustration: if a Bedouin asked how many children he has, in most cases the answer wouldn't even include the daughters. Also, the honor killings, polygamy, trading brides for cattle etc etc.
My thesis, they simply didn't quite understand that by giving us back the women and children (from their perspective a borderline meaningless gesture, a total bargain) they relieve us from our biggest, most acute pain (and accordingly internal pressure), when it comes to hostages - essentially giving Israel freedom of action until the war is finished. From their perspective the men, especially the soldiers, are the strategic asset they are supposed to keep until the end, when the final deal is going to be worked out.
But then why would they have agreed to swap them for women and children of their own? Not even all of the children were males.

My guess is PR optics.

But then why would they have agreed to swap them for women and children of their own? Not even all of the children were males.

My guess is PR optics.
The main purpose of the deal was the fuel (for tunnels obviously), food and the temporal truce for recovery and escaping south.
When it comes to Pali prisoners - Hamas couldn't give a lesser F***. The whole point for exchanging our women and children for theirs is to create an appearance of equivalence to justify the kidnappings - "see, the only reason we kidnapped all the women and babies is to get ours back"... or something like that. Which admittedly, does work on some people in the West...

As some of you have already predicted, they will use the ceasefire to build up again somewhere and strike from there...

I disagree. It is an ethnocentric description of the Bedouin and the situation of Bedouin women, an anthropological description, but certainly not by an anthropologist. I think the reason is much more profane. Hamas didn't expect to get such Western support from civilians. They are cleverly using the media and their main export now is dead Palestinian children. A sympathy campaign has been launched. As if Oct 7 did not exist. They are giving the children and grandparents back precisely because they know and use the values of the western point of view well.
Well, Hamas is nursing the baby, well, Hamas is the one to whom the little Ella who escaped waves with a smile, well, Hamas is the one to whom the hostage writes a thank you note. It is a media operation that is being brazenly built up. I don't think it was planned that way but they are excellent reactionaries. They're building a brutal campaign now on Hamas cuteness advertising. I've even seen Hamas people with catnip!!!!!!Alatta the comments kids.... amazing... If only 10 male hostages remain, it will only be important for Israel, not for the rest. Neither for you...nor for me...but women ..children are neccesary.
There goes the rape denial. I was talking to an Egyptian guy the other day who believes that the whole oct 7 is a Zionist media hoax to write off the Palestinians . I tried not to laugh too hard.
The whole Oct 7 was mindless. The leaders knew the consequences, accepted them and are now reactionary to their own ends. They are using public opinion. They are raising unimaginable amounts of money in donations that can go to arms later.
Hamas's aim now is to promote victimhood, to spread the ideal of the freedom fighter and to stir up hatred of Jews. So far they have been quite successful in this area. The few 10,000 innocents are collateral damage that can be turned to their advantage.