Politics EU Politics and News

I wonder what will come of it though.

Did they join in expecting to win? Or were they in some kind of "desperation", cry for attention, que sera sera, approach?
if they are anti globalist, thats all that matters to me.
OT
whats going on in France? there is little to no coverage of either the Dutch elections or the protests/riots in France?
wasnt the whole point of importing migrants into France was to have younger workers to pad the pensions of the older retiring workers?
guess it ddnt work huh...

Demonstrations.

Several times a week, surprisingly enough even at night (around 20h-21h).

Lots of people, some noise but not that much. Not much damage done either. Police response is rather mild, though foreign commentators are screaming about "police brutality" at each occasion. :D We are waaaaaay away from what happened during the Yellow Vests.

I am not seeing any effect being done though. Macron does not care and he made it clear: 49,3 and "I don't care if I am not popular".

Demonstrations.

Several times a week, surprisingly enough even at night (around 20h-21h).

Lots of people, some noise but not that much. Not much damage done either. Police response is rather mild, though foreign commentators are screaming about "police brutality" at each occasion. :D We are waaaaaay away from what happened during the Yellow Vests.

I am not seeing any effect being done though. Macron does not care and he made it clear: 49,3 and "I don't care if I am not popular".
is it worth a thread? there is nothing here about it, so it is not easy to find any info, but am I correct in understanding you that it is mostly just a bunch of noise and not much else? I am interested in any political movement that seems to go against the globalist/elite flood...

is it worth a thread? there is nothing here about it, so it is not easy to find any info, but am I correct in understanding you that it is mostly just a bunch of noise and not much else? I am interested in any political movement that seems to go against the globalist/elite flood...

Meh... it's mostly internal stuff afaik. Though, apparently, other European countries are starting to organize similar demonstrations, so I heard.

Age of retirement, when should people stop working and such. I believe people should work as much as they want, requirements pending obviously. If they want to work and if they can do it, let them do it. Some people want to work, some don't.
But then there is the whole topic of the work unions, pensions and such...

Not paying much attention to it to be honest. It seems to be another of these instances where reforms should have been done a long time ago, but haven't, and now it gets stingy because... well... it festered.
Add to that the whole economic crisis, inflation, prices going up everywhere, the government being absolutely lead by retards dodging accountability, Macron going back on his electoral promises (omg, shocker), etc...

Loved it when he claimed: "I wouldn't have been reelected if the French didn't trust me".

Dude... you got reelected because Lepen was the alternative! ?

Meh... it's mostly internal stuff afaik. Though, apparently, other European countries are starting to organize similar demonstrations, so I heard.

Age of retirement, when should people stop working and such. I believe people should work as much as they want, requirements pending obviously. If they want to work and if they can do it, let them do it. Some people want to work, some don't.
But then there is the whole topic of the work unions, pensions and such...

Not paying much attention to it to be honest. It seems to be another of these instances where reforms should have been done a long time ago, but haven't, and now it gets stingy because... well... it festered.
Add to that the whole economic crisis, inflation, prices going up everywhere, the government being absolutely lead by retards dodging accountability, Macron going back on his electoral promises (omg, shocker), etc...

Loved it when he claimed: "I wouldn't have been reelected if the French didn't trust me".

Dude... you got reelected because Lepen was the alternative! ?
would Lepen really be that bad for France? would people suffer economically if she was elected, and her party had at least a plurality elsewhere in the government?
all too often in politics it seems that electing someone on the opposite end of the spectrum doesnt really seem to change anything anyways. it just ends up being a different flavor of shiteshow...

would Lepen really be that bad for France? would people suffer economically if she was elected, and her party had at least a plurality elsewhere in the government?
all too often in politics it seems that electing someone on the opposite end of the spectrum doesnt really seem to change anything anyways. it just ends up being a different flavor of shiteshow...

It will likely remain within the realm of speculations.

I'll admit that I "almost" voted for Lepen 8 years ago, just out of curiosity. I was curious. But then I recanted after telling myself that the presidency is not something you play with "out of curiosity".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fv-Hyg_WIAApad-?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

^ looks crazy but in Rotheram the cops did prevent a man trying to get his underage daughter out of a house where she was being raped.
Rotheram was covered up for years by the media and police, for fear of being branded racist.
If ever you want to look like a cnut, let girls be raped for fear of being called names.

BTW this is years after our own church was outed for riding kids, the media cover up, the Gardai, all the coverups were exposed.
And still having seen this the UK media were spineless to defend children. You can rely on media to deliver ... truthful and relevant "stories"

^ looks crazy but in Rotheram the cops did prevent a man trying to get his underage daughter out of a house where she was being raped.
Rotheram was covered up for years by the media and police, for fear of being branded racist.
If ever you want to look like a cnut, let girls be raped for fear of being called names.

BTW this is years after our own church was outed for riding kids, the media cover up, the Gardai, all the coverups were exposed.
And still having seen this the UK media were spineless to defend children. You can rely on media to deliver ... truthful and relevant "stories"

Not really, its still going on in Ireland, add to that the recent cases with regards sex attacks/bullying in the Irish Defence Forces, very slow to revel all that has occurred.

EU economy looking even better than expected:

The European economy continues to show resilience in a challenging global context. Lower energy prices, abating supply constraints and a strong labour market supported moderate growth in the first quarter of 2023, dispelling fears of a recession. This better-than-expected start to the year lifts the growth outlook for the EU economy to 1.0% in 2023 (0.8% in the Winter interim Forecast) and 1.7% in 2024 (1.6% in the winter). Upward revisions for the euro area are of a similar magnitude, with GDP growth now expected at 1.1% and 1.6% in 2023 and 2024 respectively. On the back of persisting core price pressures, inflation has also been revised upwards compared to the winter, to 5.8% in 2023 and 2.8% in 2024 in the euro area.

Thank you European leaders for bringing all this scum into our midst

ECONOMY

NEW FACTORY IN BRANDENBURG

EU overtakes China in battery technology investments

The European Union overtook market leader China in battery technology investments last year. "Three and a half times more investments were made in Europe than in China," EU Commission Vice President Maroš Šefčovič told WELT AM SONNTAG. "We managed to attract 180 billion euros in private equity to the European battery sector."

The inauguration of BASF's first factory for cathode material at its Schwarzheide site in southern Brandenburg next Thursday will fill an important gap in the European value chain, according to Šefčovič.
"Currently, we have about 30 Gigafactory projects in the pipeline, but what was completely missing was the production of active cathode and anode material," he said. He said it was a tremendous opportunity for BASF to invest in Lusatia and focus on exactly what was lacking in battery production capacity in Europe.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

European companies' confidence in the Chinese market sinks to a historic low.

They announced it last year, now they're getting serious: A considerable number of companies are relocating activities from China to other countries.

The uncertain economic outlook, Beijing's erratic policies and geopolitical upheavals are causing European companies' confidence about the Chinese market to crumble noticeably. Nearly two-thirds of 570 companies surveyed say it has become more difficult to do business in China. This was the result of a survey conducted by the European

This is the europe of multiculturalism