Politics Canada Truckers!

FB_IMG_16456098620907468.jpg

well, lets see if they freeze my bank account, hasnt happened yet. IMO as far as we are concerned here in the US this is more important than Russia intervening in a frozen conflict.
Freedom= White Supremacy

View attachment 373408
From the Washington Post
huh? so much to unpack in that paragraph I dont even know where to begin. I dont have the energy.
why is the WaPo publishing this garbage? no wonder my parents have accepted such insane ideas, they both read WaPo and NYT and watch cnn nonstop.

well, lets see if they freeze my bank account, hasnt happened yet. IMO as far as we are concerned here in the US this is more important than Russia intervening in a frozen conflict.

huh? so much to unpack in that paragraph I dont even know where to begin. I dont have the energy.
why is the WaPo publishing this garbage? no wonder my parents have accepted such insane ideas, they both read WaPo and NYT and watch cnn nonstop.

Apparently Canadian banks are having a bank run as people start pulling out their money. I have a call in with a Canadian based bank which does business in the US. I may just pull my funds out as well, if I don't like what I hear.

Freedom= White Supremacy

View attachment 373408
From the Washington Post
There is, however, an arguably widespread belief in Western societies that personal "freedom" equals the right to do whatever the heck pleases you, no matter the consequences or circumstances. As writer John Donne phrased it already in the 17th century: "No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main." We still live in a society, so your personal freedom usually ends where it begins to curb another person's freedom. I have a feeling that this has been forgotten by both sides of the truckers' protest.

Well, there you have it. The next step.

So if one person wants to be free he/she is a white supremacist. But if a group of people want's to be free of, let's say a colonial power, they are ... what ? Freedom fighters, revolutionaries, comrades or terrorists ?

Depends on which side they are on.

The Canadian government has proposed legislation (Bill C-36) where people can be taken to court and penalized if they’re suspected of being ABOUT TO post something hateful online.

An individual would be able to report another PREEMPTIVELY for something they haven’t said yet.

Alarming aspects, in ascending order:
1) Fuzzy and circular definition of "hateful" speech ("involves detestation…stronger than dislike", good luck quantifying that),
2) Encouraging citizens to report on one another (oh right... one the French national past-time under Nazi Germany Occupation!),
3) The ability to punish people for something they haven’t actually done yet (!)

While this legislation hasn’t been passed so far, it’s noteworthy that it was proposed at all, and the people who did so are currently in power.

Also, Trudeau "is said" to rescind his Emergencies Act.

The Canadian government has proposed legislation (Bill C-36) where people can be taken to court and penalized if they’re suspected of being ABOUT TO post something hateful online.

An individual would be able to report another PREEMPTIVELY for something they haven’t said yet.

Alarming aspects, in ascending order:
1) Fuzzy and circular definition of "hateful" speech ("involves detestation…stronger than dislike", good luck quantifying that),
2) Encouraging citizens to report on one another (oh right... one the French national past-time under Nazi Germany Occupation!),
3) The ability to punish people for something they haven’t actually done yet (!)

While this legislation hasn’t been passed so far, it’s noteworthy that it was proposed at all, and the people who did so are currently in power.

Also, Trudeau "is said" to rescind his Emergencies Act.
George Orwell on his cloud in heaven must be thinking: "Thought crime. I told you so..."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

*spoopy honker*

SS Nazi police in Canada?
?

338 seats, 159 liberals.

And even liberals were divided about the Emergencies Act.
I think this pic in Ukraine?