Politics Brexit news & British Politics

bfc1001

Mi General
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net

Nancy pelosi recently visited northern Ireland and weighed in on the Brexit debate . Sigh . I doubt 99% of Brits even know who she is , though I hope she does continue to contribute . I've always found pelosi's views highly amusing , another politician wrapped in self importance .

If the UK's manner of leaving the EU damages the Good Friday Agreement then forget about a US-UK trade deal.

"That's just not on the cards if there's any harm done to the Good Friday accords," she said.

That sounds like BS to me ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A podcast on the Brexit party and the potential future of British politics . He does touch on the 2 party system and does correlate some of the issues in the UK with issues in Canadian politics ( he's Canadian) . Could it be the end of the established parties ? You ve only got to look at the liberal party at the end of ww1 to see that it can happen after a major event ( he does mention the Whigs and their downfall ) . Worth a watch if you find the time......

I see UKIP gaining ground in the British Local elections on May 2 2019. If the Brexit vote wasnt enough of a shock to our political system then that will be
smile.png

Insightful video loved his phrase 'Dinosaur Bureaucracy'

Last edited:

Nancy pelosi recently visited northern Ireland and weighed in on the Brexit debate . Sigh . I doubt 99% of Brits even know who she is , though I hope she does continue to contribute . I've always found pelosi's views highly amusing , another politician wrapped in self importance .
she is about as relevent as something I have just scraped off my boot

I see UKIP gaining ground in the British Local elections on May 2 2019. If the Brexit vote wasnt enough of a shock to our political system then that will be
smile.png

Insightful video loved his phrase 'Dinosaur Bureaucracy'

Yep , he's not bad is the hound dog , does some good analysis . Just voted in the local elections . I had a choice of the Tories , labour and the lib Dems so I wrote " non of the above " and posted it back . Can't be bothered with the politics of no choice anymore ........

Yep , he's not bad is the hound dog , does some good analysis . Just voted in the local elections . I had a choice of the Tories , labour and the lib Dems so I wrote " non of the above " and posted it back . Can't be bothered with the politics of no choice anymore ........

Was UKIP not a choice for you ?

Nope , just the three choices I'm afraid . I did vote ukip in 2014 but to be honest id struggle to vote for them now , not really sure what they stand for anymore .

Related to this thread:

Gosh, she’s had a tough job for these past years and the Brexit caused headaches on every side in Blightly. Godspeed Great Britain.

Last edited:
To answer your post from the junker thread Gaz.....

I can't see turnout being much higher than 30/40% but with Mays actions today she's obviously been privy to the exit polls and I'm going to guess they were not good . Big gains for the Brexit party /lib Dems at a guess with the Tories at near single digit polling . Could go the way of the Whigs with conservatism reforming under a different banner .

Related to this thread:

Gosh, she’s had a tough job for these past years and the Brexit caused headaches on every side in Blightly. Godspeed Great Britain.
the biggest question of the day is who is going to look after Larry??

Boris has just said if he gets to be PM it will be deal by October or out with no deal - not good news for the Irish

As long as he delivers a no deal - and the sooner the better

Cannot wait to see the results tomorrow in the EU elections,-uk

Send Boris in for me , he's about the most disagreeable of a bad bunch . I would nt send another Teresa may type ; all friendly and trying to kiss ass ; I just don't see the point .

Still the same electoral brexit result. Politicians still trying to stall it. London voted to remain of course.

Multiple forums and i still dont get what Brexit is all about. UK voted to leave, so why is the UK still in the EU? And why is the EU still having negotiations with the UK? Shouldnt it have been "dont let the door hit your asses on the way out"

I don't know how far the regulation octopus has gotten in your land but here was have the highest road cone per person in the world. Its seems to have started in the EU and grown fast.

Wacth how we swallow our pride and bend the knee when they send their "free" trade emissaries over here.

Last edited: