Politics Brexit news & British Politics

Yeah, I went to a CofE primary and middle school and the local church they were affiliated with is a Low Church - certainly never saw it in any of the ceremonies that the school made us go to. Being honest though, I realised religion wasn't for me a long time ago and my parents never made me get into it so outside of school enforced visits up until I was twelve and then "hatches, matches and dispatches" I don't think I've ever even been to as much as a normal Sunday service - imagine there's an awful lot about it I don't know or haven't seen.

344843996_739869661172324_2458130737807004815_n.jpg

Keeping politics out of the main coronation thread - can't believe Liz Truss got invited. I had more time in the pub last year than she had as Prime Minister.

She got an invite but actual productive inhabitant of 10 Downing Street Larry the Cat didn't.

OUTRAGE.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My wife watched it so see the horses. Many tossed their heads often. I'm sure that's a trait from the breeding program .

Yeah, my wife normally watches the horses, tell me when she sees one doing something they’re not supposed to do ,when she can see one is stressed or whatnot. This morning, she wasn’t having it. We caught it late, and the first live thing I saw was the house guard beating retreat back into the palace. We watched the snippets of the ceremony afterwards on Sky News.

Queen Camilla appeared rather nervous when the bishop plopped that awfully big crown on her noggin.

She has been, but quickly released without any charges.

As we talked before, there’s very little chance for Scotland to become “independent”. They got sort of close with the indie referundum, but this repeated clusterfack with the SNP leaders leads me to believe, in lack of a proper Scott (@TIZER, @colin traveller?) to talk that they’d rather stay with the southern neighbors.

She has been, but quickly released without any charges.

As we talked before, there’s very little chance for Scotland to become “independent”. They got sort of close with the indie referundum, but this repeated clusterfack with the SNP leaders leads me to believe, in lack of a proper Scott (@TIZER, @colin traveller?) to talk that they’d rather stay with the southern neighbors.
No smoke without fire. Arrest means they can question under caution, so fibbing as per I'm a politician, are my lips moving, is not such a good idea. I dont think they would have arrested her, if they didnt have a pretty good idea of what has been going on. Also a 8metre mobile home from the most expensive supplier of such things, was a pretty big clue, even for scottish coppers!

With Boris on the loose, and this, we could have a very strange election, in late 24. Boris for Scottish PM, anyone?

Definitely agree with the no smoke without fire point, in fact. How many of Macron’s party and minister have been literally caught doing shady shyte and yet will forever walk free. Investigation/some office being scoured and yet… nothing to see there carry on.

But they’re politicians ya ken, as you also point out they can get away with so many things. Having a modern day politician be repentant and apologetic about stuffs he/she has done nowadays is literally impossible. Didn du nofing wrong is usually their motto.

London...the barbarians are everywhere

Obviously a remainer channel, but still pretty funny to me: A brexiteer complaining that Britons aren't treated like EU citizens by EU countries anymore. Britons having to queue up at the border and wait to enter the EU, he says, is a sign on "vindictiveness". Weeeell.

This isn't the Brexit I voted for? Yes, it is.

Obviously a remainer channel, but still pretty funny to me: A brexiteer complaining that Britons aren't treated like EU citizens by EU countries anymore. Britons having to queue up at the border and wait to enter the EU, he says, is a sign on "vindictiveness". Weeeell.

This isn't the Brexit I voted for? Yes, it is.
Yes, it is, and that's why having 2 passports is übercool.

I've always said this … There are some really good arguments for leaving the EU. But I don't think the Brexiteers ever voiced them. Which is why I think there will be no other country leaving the Union anytime soon, unless something unforeseeable happens. The British never really wanted full European integration in the first place, I think. Their case wasn't so much about the Union but about their own history.

I've always said this … There are some really good arguments for leaving the EU. But I don't think the Brexiteers ever voiced them. Which is why I think there will be no other country leaving the Union anytime soon, unless something unforeseeable happens. The British never really wanted full European integration in the first place, I think. Their case wasn't so much about the Union but about their own history.

Ever since they wanted to keep their own money, for reasons you mention on top of it too, they always had a foot in the EU and a foot out.

I have too many things to complain about the EU to make it a succinct post and would bore everybody to sleep so I’m not going to.

Some countries benefits better from the EU than others, generally newer or more recently admitted ones like Poland or Croatia and I’m glad they do.

Old Europe like France or Germany don’t really anymore but I can’t blame the EU for all the misery, mine or that of others. Some good things have been achieved, their political agenda is not on my political spectrum either way.