Politics Brexit news & British Politics

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Resistance is futile...you will be assimilated

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
All 3 candidates were non-entities, so he is the most popular non-entity.

SNP need to focus on running Scotland, not whining about how horrible the english are.

This may actually bring some normality back to Scottish politics, as independence is not seen as the great cure all, helped of course by nice Mr Putin invading a neutral country.

Sturgeon husband arrested for Fraud this morning ..

And no doubt she knew no wonder she had to Resign as well pandering to the weirdos

Screenshot_20230405_140929_Facebook.jpg

Not sure if we need a separate thread whatsoever but Charles coronation is tomorrow.

After Her Majesty passing last September, now it's over to King Charles, with some very bloody large boots to fill.

Not sure if we need a separate thread whatsoever but Charles coronation is tomorrow.

After Her Majesty passing last September, now it's over to King Charles, with some very bloody large boots to fill.
With little time too. Charles doesn´t have 50 good years ahead of him to make an imprint.

The coronations cost to the British taxpayer is estimated to be North of 100 million pounds. During a cost of living crisis and a time where vitally important government employees such as nurses and teachers are on strike over low pay.

We shall be watching Skynews Live here in the Western USA. Quite frankly, it’s interesting to me to see the church side of the crowning business. I haven’t looked into it at all prior! I imagine there will be all sorts of blessings and readings of kingly scripture. Will there be communion?

We shall be watching Skynews Live here in the Western USA. Quite frankly, it’s interesting to me to see the church side of the crowning business. I haven’t looked into it at all prior! I imagine there will be all sorts of blessings and readings of kingly scripture. Will there be communion?
I don't think so, but I only say that because I've only ever seen communion in Catholic churches and this is a Protestant ceremony - Henry VIII largely separated us (well, what was then just England) from Catholicism back in the 1500s.

Some of the history of it all is indeed fascinating - the big oak chair he'll sit in is 700 years old and has been used in something like 25 coronations

Yes there will be communion.

I don't think so, but I only say that because I've only ever seen communion in Catholic churches and this is a Protestant ceremony - Henry VIII largely separated us (well, what was then just England) from Catholicism back in the 1500s.

Some of the history of it all is indeed fascinating - the big oak chair he'll sit in is 700 years old and has been used in something like 25 coronations

CoE do communion mate.

Dunno mate, I'm no longer religious, but as a child I was forced to go to various protestant churches which all performed some version of communion.