Intro Waynes Keep

LilB63

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help im trying to get to waynes keep to visit my uncles grave

I was asking for help who do I need to contact as it says you have to get permission to go to the cemetery @ we don't have a clue who we need to get the permission off from, as you have to go over 2 borders, as you went in 2022 you would know who we need to contact thank you, I'm trying to work the site out once I do I will introduce myself

I was asking for help who do I need to contact as it says you have to get permission to go to the cemetery @ we don't have a clue who we need to get the permission off from, as you have to go over 2 borders, as you went in 2022 you would know who we need to contact thank you, I'm trying to work the site out once I do I will introduce myself
I think a lot of your questions are answered in the link that Downsizer posted - who to email in advance, what information you need to provide them.
Best of luck getting there, hope it all goes well.

"VISITING INFORMATION
As Nicosia Military Cemetery (Wayne’s Keep) is within the UN Buffer Zone, visitors wishing to visit the cemetery should be aware that prior authorisation is required from the UN. All visitors should contact the UN Wayne’s Keep Custodian by email unficyp-hq-so3-visits-protocol@un.org for a visit request form in advance of making any travel arrangements. Applications must be approved at least 14 working days prior to the proposed visit date. Please note that visits from any other direction than that specified by the UN Wayne’s Keep Custodian are not possible and should not be attempted.

Please state in the email, the full name as on passport, nationality and passport number for each person wishing to visit the cemetery and also the proposed date of the visit.

Normal visiting times are Monday to Friday, 08:00-16:00.

Please note that photographs are limited to discreet ones of headstones only owing to the sensitivities of the area.

For further information please contact enquiries@cwgc.org"

Back