Q Answered TAARB ?

bfc1001

Mi General
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
The after action review board , think I've got it right . Just wondered what it was . I'll guess a previous forum that folded ? Any history , comments about it would be greatly appreciated to satisfy my curiosity ......

What happened is exactly what I am hoping doesn't happen now that TheMess is closing. Everybody went to the four corners of the web (assuming it is square) MP.Net lost a lot of its most valued members. Hopefully we are well on the way to preventing that now as 48 of TheMess members have joined us :)

Last edited:
What happened is exactly what I am hoping doesn't happen now that TheMess is closing. Everybody went to the four corners of the web (assuming it is square) MP.Net lost a lot of its most valued members. Hopefully we are well on the way to preventing that now as 48 of TheMess members have joined us :)

I'd like to think themess , TAARB and MI has recreated MP.net , the site you so looked on with such envious eyes . Just my opinion .

MP.Net lost a lot of its most valued members.

Haha, I haven't heard that version of the story before. ?

I think there was a split 6 months or so before mpnet went down, with a conservative crowd setting up shop.

Mpnet had over 100,000 members at that point, thousands of posts a day. Correspondingly it wasn't really noticed that a few people weren't posting anymore. Some good people, no doubt, but still, drop in the ocean.

It was pretty similar to The Mess & MP.net, since like The Mess both were set up by/for MP.net members after it was going away.

While I only hung around The Mess for about a month, If I recall correctly the biggest difference between the two (at least early on) seemed The Mess's admins were hyper concerned about pictures being posted there due to all the issues that brought MP.net, where TAAR wanted to continued on with photos as core part of the forum, plus continued many of the active photo threads at MP.net and multiple were even recreated again here when that transition occurred.

Last edited:
Back