Terror News about terrorism - foiled attacks, arrests, threat level etc

The dissolution of the Grey Wolves will be put to the French cabinet on Wednesday, Gérald Darmanin told a parliamentary committee.

The move by Darmanin risks further stoking tensions with Ankara.
In Turkey, the Grey Wolves are closely linked to the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) of Devlet Bahceli that had a political alliance with Erdogan's Justice and Development Party (AKP).

1000 officers were deployed in Vienna last night. Military special forces guarded important objects. Mayn police officers on leave reported back immediately while teh attacks were on going.

ATLAS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATLAS_Network offered its help and Special Police Forces from Germany and Hungary are ready for deployment to Austria.

Police units from neighbouring Niederösterreich and Burgenland were already sent to Vienna yesterday evening. More forces to arrive today.

The schools remain closed today in Vienna.

The appartment of one of the terrorists was raided yesterday, he is an IS sympathisant. his identity is not revealed yet.

The first Terrorist was killed 9 minutes after the attack. It is suspected that there could be a maximum of 4 Terrorists in total all armed with rifles.

But it could also be just a single terrorist act.

Chancellor Kurz to adress the public today at 11:30
Νot surprised about the Albanian background, remember what happened to Fort Dix in 2007 with the Duka brothers and others.

What i remember was that the US media establishment did not report the origin of the attackers, just reporting that they were from ex Yugoslavia. Finally a woman who was a neighbor of the Duka brothers did a blog post that they were Albanians from Fyrom.

There is a strong radicalized element of Albanians who have an affiliation to Isis like the late Lavdrim Muhaxheri who beheaded Syrian soldiers in 2013-14 and said this punishment is Quran aprroved and this is what the UCK did to Serbs in Kosovo 1999.

Notably this character was Nato related:

The perpetrator was a 20-year-old Austrian citizen of northern Macedonian descent. He has a criminal record for participating in a terrorist organization. There were raids around St. Pölten.

with google translate,
When I lived in Vienna, the synagogue was already closed on it with signs on it, so that wasn't the goal. In contrast, one of Vienna’s frequented party districts is in the area of the “Vienna Bermuda Triangle”. There are high-end entertainment venues, masses of batches of gamers and luxury prostitutes. Here come "dubious morals" lawyers, politicians, mobsters and their C****s. If you hang out as a usurer in Vienna, you will pay him here. That is why sometimes people disappear permanently (hence the popular name). The synagogue building is just there, as is the Pest party district near Tobacco Street.
So here the perpetrator 90% dare to say it was not anti-Semitic, but:
- He specifically wanted to write a money whispering elite (either politically or Islamistly motivated)
- He traveled to a specific person (revenge), everyone else was in the wrong place only at the wrong time.
He hung on to his weapon of usury (including human traffickers) and reached out for hopelessness.
- A plain psychopath looking for a crowded place.
But it cannot be ruled out that his chick / daughter was made a luxury prostitute here and took revenge on him. Etc. Etc.
What I want to punch out of is the geographical knowledge of the location puts the events in a completely different context for me than I would think if I didn’t know what was there

Again, special services/ a court fvcked it up. The guy has been on a biatchlist for a long time, as the services knew that he wanted to travel to Syria.

MMA fighters, this is exactly what the average fool thinks of terrorists ...

Thousands of Greek, Kurdish, Armenian and Gulf Arab social media profiles tried to tie Turkey directly to the attack just based on the video this guy yelled in. The amount of disinformation spread last night was crazy beyond a level I've ever seen.

ISIS related Albanians number at around 500-1000 give or take. This is very little considering most Western European countries have more citizens fighting for ISIS in the Middle East by double or triple.
500-1,000 foreign fighters out of 2.8 million Albanians? And what Western country would that be?

For example, between 12,000 and 24,000 Frenchmen would have to have joined IS in relation to the country's population if your statement were true. (According to Wikipedia, there were less than 1,400 suspects. In other words, if as few Albanians as Frenchmen had gone to join IS there'd be less than 60 of them – not "at around 500-1000 give or take".)

On a related note, you had best stop that feud between the both of you. Experience shows that whenever Turkish and Greek forum members collide, people have to be banned.

So far, has anything transpired regarding what motivated the attack?

Does not seem to be "cartoon" related.

The initial reports would have suggested it was antisemitism-related, but the little information I can find regarding the synagogue is that... it wasn't really hit.

The synagogue was closed by the time the Albanian fella started it. Since he got killed and rightly so it will be hard to find answers as to what were his precise targets.

Seriously though since he managed to get his hands on a rifle I highly doubt this was a very “improvised” attack. Like most Jihadis his goal was to kill as many as possible.

I was sort of afraid to wake up to awful news like dozen dead or something. While 4-5 dead is tragic for the time being I have a feeling this could have gotten a lot worse.

So far, has anything transpired regarding what motivated the attack?

Does not seem to be "cartoon" related.

The initial reports would have suggested it was antisemitism-related, but the little information I can find regarding the synagogue is that... it wasn't really hit.
Austria's Chancellor Kurz has been rather proactive against Islamism, e.g. closing schools and kindergartens promoting radical Islamic ideals. But again, these types hardly require a pretext. They just go out and do it.

500-1,000 foreign fighters out of 2.8 million Albanians? And what Western country would that be?

For example, between 12,000 and 24,000 Frenchmen would have to have joined IS in relation to the country's population if your statement were true. (According to Wikipedia, there were less than 1,400 suspects. In other words, if as few Albanians as Frenchmen had gone to join IS there'd be less than 60 of them – not "at around 500-1000 give or take".)

On a related note, you had best stop that feud between the both of you. Experience shows that whenever Turkish and Greek forum members collide, people have to be banned.
The good old days of MP.net flame wars!

Go on then, please elaborate.

How many muslims in France? 3 Million? Do they all come from this big ole Muslim land, working a playing in the Muslim street, living in one ole giant Muslim house? Are you really that dense? To throw it bact at you... Europeans should lift weapons embargo against my country... oh yeah its just the radical Europeans in Wallonia. Oh but you are Europeans so go ahead and come down hard on them.... do you think the Belgians in Wallonia give a damn about your thoughts or Frances thoughts? Yet some how in your mind all Muslims have Zerg mindset.

How many Muslims are in your armed forces and police force, 10- 20%? Probably doing more than just posting about their anger at the radical islamists.

Tolga over here, im pretty sure cant eat pork, probably has done more in dealing with these radical islamist than a lot of us.

Back in MP.net there was a Pakistani soldier MGsomething something... his unit was tasked with retrieving sensitive western equipment that "fell off trucks in afghanistan" hates pork too.

The Indonesian Government and Im pretty sure Jordan has done a lot in battling these radicals, again way more than posting online.

And there is this:

Aren't there a terrorist outfit called "MILF"
The Moro Islamic Liberation Front and the Moro National Liberation Front is not considered by the Philippine government as terrorists.

Apologies.

I was wrong on a few things.

It is not 500-1,000. It is roughly 500 Albanians who were recruited to join not only ISIS but Al Nusra. I can't find statistics on other groups in Albania. And that number is up until 2017, after which no new recruits were identified. And it also doesn't state if all recruits fought in Syria, just that they joined these groups.

We could share this article also from 2017 which claims there are roughly 17,000 individuals in France who are jihadists. I mean if you think wikipedia is fair game, sure, I'll play.

Does this make my statement true, then? According to you? I mean its slap in the middle, no?

We could also take Belgium into account. A country of what roughly 11 million? 5% Muslim, around 400k? Roughly 500 fighters in Syria? Albania? 56% Muslim of 2.8 million, around 1.5 million give or take?

Unless you have some administrative authority over the forum please do not suggest who I can and cannot respond to. I personally don't give two shits who you argue with, so please don't poke into my posts.

How many muslims in France? 3 Million? Do they all come from this big ole Muslim land, working a playing in the Muslim street, living in one ole giant Muslim house? Are you really that dense? To throw it bact at you... Europeans should lift weapons embargo against my country... oh yeah its just the radical Europeans in Wallonia. Oh but you are Europeans so go ahead and come down hard on them.... do you think the Belgians in Wallonia give a damn about your thoughts or Frances thoughts? Yet some how in your mind all Muslims have Zerg mindset.

How many Muslims are in your armed forces and police force, 10- 20%? Probably doing more than just posting about their anger at the radical islamists.

Tolga over here, im pretty sure cant eat pork, probably has done more in dealing with these radical islamist than a lot of us.

Back in MP.net there was a Pakistani soldier MGsomething something... his unit was tasked with retrieving sensitive western equipment that "fell off trucks in afghanistan" hates pork too.

The Indonesian Government and Im pretty sure Jordan has done a lot in battling these radicals, again way more than posting online.

And there is this:

The Moro Islamic Liberation Front and the Moro National Liberation Front is not considered by the Philippine government as terrorists.

Do we want to go down this road? I mean whats the point?