Video (4K) Airbus A400M Atlas Luftwaffe German Air Force 54+36 departure at Manching Airport

Fascinating indeed. And they sound great. I have one passing almost directly overhead every morning at about 34,000 ft; the only turboprop louder than this one which I've experienced in person is the An-22 visiting these parts every now and again. With the right conditions you can hear an A400 at 20 miles away.

Fascinating indeed. And they sound great. I have one passing almost directly overhead every morning at about 34,000 ft; the only turboprop louder than this one which I've experienced in person is the An-22 visiting these parts every now and again. With the right conditions you can hear an A400 at 20 miles away.
An OV-10 Bronco was always a bloody loud plane in my opinion, the loudest. I always thought that A400 sounded neat as well but I've always heard them up close I've not noticed them that noisy at altitude!

Googled "A400M sound at high altitude", was not disappointed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

;) Even filmed with that shitty camera, this is music to my ears.

WOW, Thanks for posting that Muck!!

Yeah, that's a neat sound, I like it to................great contrails too, she's a beauty up there flying!! ;)