Other Post The Computer Clinic

I had installed another speed rated RAM on the computer I built 4 months ago, it would never reach the DRAM speed of 3600 without actually tweaking more overclocking settings that should not be necessary to just set your RAM speed. So I come close to the 3600 but no cigar. This last computer I just completed is an exact replica of the first and I bought a faster clocked RAM and it fired right up and ran that 3600 with no hassle or balking at all. I will probably go ahead and buy the same RAM for that first one and just use what I have in it for now in one of my other new builds which run 3200 so it would be a better ram for one of those two machine. I am a bit pissed off today because I see that the two so called SSDs I purchased for this new machine and this one I am using now are not 2TB SSDs, they are 64GB enclosed memory sticks most likely, at any rate a complete rip off and of course you would know they came from china. I haven't picked them up yet but I know they pulled a fast one on me and others and Amazon. Now Amazon expects me to pay to ship them back to china even after I have a fraud committed against me and I will tell them tomorrow at the post office to send them back because I refuse to accept them. If I get any BS from Amazon I will simply tell them I have picked them up and sent them to the State AG in Baton Rouge for a fraud investigation of a consumer. I'm easy to get along with but this was not a mistake this was a shake down by someone that has no problem robbing an American simply because it comes from China. I got a fast return message this evening from the seller and it said nothing but I'll get back to you. His name was Sammy, last time I heard someone named Sammy he was a china-man. Very disappointed with Amazon for allowing this to take place, surely they have better control over their sellers. I really wasn't aware that it was being sent from china but it was too late to stop it. Now stop and think, if it really is a 64GB memory stick in a little case why would anyone in their right mind buy one from china when he can go to any half decent dollar store and buy it, or wal mart for that matter.

I had installed another speed rated RAM on the computer I built 4 months ago, it would never reach the DRAM speed of 3600 without actually tweaking more overclocking settings that should not be necessary to just set your RAM speed. So I come close to the 3600 but no cigar. This last computer I just completed is an exact replica of the first and I bought a faster clocked RAM and it fired right up and ran that 3600 with no hassle or balking at all. I will probably go ahead and buy the same RAM for that first one and just use what I have in it for now in one of my other new builds which run 3200 so it would be a better ram for one of those two machine. I am a bit pissed off today because I see that the two so called SSDs I purchased for this new machine and this one I am using now are not 2TB SSDs, they are 64GB enclosed memory sticks most likely, at any rate a complete rip off and of course you would know they came from china. I haven't picked them up yet but I know they pulled a fast one on me and others and Amazon. Now Amazon expects me to pay to ship them back to china even after I have a fraud committed against me and I will tell them tomorrow at the post office to send them back because I refuse to accept them. If I get any BS from Amazon I will simply tell them I have picked them up and sent them to the State AG in Baton Rouge for a fraud investigation of a consumer. I'm easy to get along with but this was not a mistake this was a shake down by someone that has no problem robbing an American simply because it comes from China. I got a fast return message this evening from the seller and it said nothing but I'll get back to you. His name was Sammy, last time I heard someone named Sammy he was a china-man. Very disappointed with Amazon for allowing this to take place, surely they have better control over their sellers. I really wasn't aware that it was being sent from china but it was too late to stop it. Now stop and think, if it really is a 64GB memory stick in a little case why would anyone in their right mind buy one from china when he can go to any half decent dollar store and buy it, or wal mart for that matter.
I'm moving this thread into the "Computer Clinic" thread mate

A lot of weird things happening tonight, TV all choppy and my internet losing up speed, you're still able to connect to most sites but the up speed when missing pretty much shuts you down. I had trouble earlier getting my blue tooth working again and it seems like everything just snow balled in the past two hours.
Got a late notification from amazon that my money for the merchandise that was not what I ordered or I should say was presented on their page, "has been returned to my account". I sent a pretty firm message about 3 hours ago and told them I was tired of being treated like an idiot falling off the back of a turnip truck. Someone must eat turnips because it got results. Seriously earlier this afternoon I was told my message was being sent up the chain and they turned right around and routed it right back to the seller who at this point has nothing to do with it. It really got my goat because I have told those people 4 times what the problem was and no one seems to understand english. I was so pissed knowing I would be waiting forever to get my money returned so I could go ahead and buy a hard drive to put my last computer online. I bought one from walmart ............ so now I will have the money returned probably as I am writing this. I feel pretty sure this was not the only claim made and they had an avalanche of complaints against this seller. They had two different postings of a product description and after I had purchased mine a week ago I looked on there this morning trying to see tracking progress and they had an entirely different description of the item. Luckily I have the original copy of the purchase I always make image copies, so it was pretty obvious they had some problems from my very first message but yet they persisted with the same ole BS about what was wrong with the item etc. I finally told them earlier they can send a return packing slip and I'll let the Post Master at the post office print the label since I have no way to do that. At that time they said I could expect the money returned within 24 hours. It was finally amazon who finally removed their head from their rectum and understood their information online is wrong. Well alls well tht ends well.

Another wasted day, I was checking on my new machines to see which one needed that extra hard drive I jut purchased but I was trying to move some things from this win 7 machine to another win 10 and I could never get it to link up, they saw each other but no access. I got tired of fooling with it and went into my router modem to make changes to the wireless setup and for some very strange reason it would accept no new or old pass words or names. I was on the phone with the provider for about two hours total and just an hour ago they finally gave me a password and name that worked and I was able to access the setup page for the router. I think what happened they have changed the software for the router which of course they can do at any time, and something broke. I had internet but no access to setup pages. I just had my microwave cuisine and shared with the 3 cats in the house, they are more like dogs and expect good things.

With the file sharing thing, it may well be the firewall on the two devices not having file/printer sharing enabled. You will see that it can be enabled for Domain, Private or Public networks. If your network is set as one type, but sharing is only ticked for another then you will have difficulty getting machines to see each other.

With the file sharing thing, it may well be the firewall on the two devices not having file/printer sharing enabled. You will see that it can be enabled for Domain, Private or Public networks. If your network is set as one type, but sharing is only ticked for another then you will have difficulty getting machines to see each other.
All that was already setup before it stopped sharing. I think what happened recently the ISP updated software on their router modem, because it was all setup a year ago and worked fine. I just about gave up getting some help because I don't think the guy could understand what I was telling him, "you can't input a new user name or password nor will the default user name and password work". I had no setup page for wifi any longer and all these other machines use wifi for internet and interaction. It took 2 hours of phone time to finally get a new password and user name that actually worked. I had a lot of trouble a year ago setting it up with the same problem. He was not English and very hard to understand what he was saying. I get pretty frustrated sometimes trying to hear one of those helpers online, hearing is not the best any longer.

Ran into one of those gotcha days, all the popular browsers are no longer supporting win 7 or win 8.1. Sometime around this past Friday my online banking stopping working after my name was entered but there was only a strange comment page from the bank telling me to try later etc. I waited until this morning so the help centers for the bank would be at work and no help could be found. I spent another two hours finally seeing that my firefox was already the last win 7 install. It works fine on an older chrome I use only for my game engine which runs faster and has the latest updates for the libraries you need to run games online. Everything worked and connected including the install of firefox on the win 10 machine I had connected. I just tried the win 10 machine again and it still works and takes me to my banking even after it ran an update while I was checking it. This win 7 machine is showing 115.8 installed and will never go any higher. Big differences with win 10 and win 7 . I went ahead and got the win 10 machine lined out to have all my info imported so I can probably just stop using win 7 any time I like. They are going to force everyone to spend that money like it or not. It wouldn't be so bad if you were actually buying something you needed but you are forced to buy things you don't need and they purposely mess things up so you think you are getting something new when in fact you are only getting a lot of wasted time to push there fraud. If it was possible to use linux for everything I would leave in a heart beat, but linux can only run what the commercial softwares released for linux. The game engines and graphics and 3d editors I have are useless. It's just a big rat hole. I can still use my chrome on this machine to log in to online banking but I never wanted to use chrome for anything other than running my game editor software, it can run the testing real time full screen.

online banking
If you care about the security of your money, you only use the latest operating system with all the security patches up to date + VPN. Not some Windows 7 from 2009, that as said above is 4 years out of updates.
Use your phone if you have a new(er) one for banking stuff. They should be more safe than that computer.

Also if you are complaing of them forcing you to update a OS from 2009. What do you do about your phone, on Android you get secuirty updates for about 3 years then you are on your own. That is planned obsolescence not computers that you can use for 5 to 10 years with multiple OS changes, either from Linux, Windows or Mac OS.

Thanks, I don't use a smart phone, I use win 7 due to having a tremendous amount of software I use daily. And yes I am complaining about the forcing of new systems that do no more than that 9 year old system. Win 7 still gets security updates and they will continue to do security updates. Even if they didn't do security the paid security I use already does a whole lot better than win 7 could do on it's on. Many corporations are still using win XP for their server administration , so like I said I already have four machines using win 10. They are all AMD and my win 7 is Intel and nVidia. It is a planned opening of your pocket books, not obsolescence. I can find anything I want online to extend win 7, security certificates for a browser is another story. My problem with signing in is not due to the system being win 7, chrome signs in just fine. For my personal use a smart phone is nothing but a dead expense. I use a simple flip phone I pay 20 dollars per month for unlimited use. I have no use for a VPN, another money grab. If I wanted a VPN I already have one using protonmail. This little problem with not signing in probably has a fix, as far as I know it might be a registry error, highly likely where I live due to constant brown outs and power outage. One other thing, using different systems for banking causes a lot of issues since a new sign in location trips a security check by phone text or email. Once that new location or machine is located and considered safe it will be fine. Having 4 extra computers that I use from time to time can be an issue you won't see. If I find a fix I'll up date.

Back