Other Post So, how was your day?

Saw beautiful polar lights over central Germany tonight. If you live in the northern hemisphere, you might want to be watching the northern skies on Saturday as well. There's another forecast for visible auroras as far south as the Alps (in Europe) and the Great Lakes (in North America).

The knee injury/fracture saga continues, went to see a second surgeon after a first one last august just this Friday.

My only mistake is to have waited so long while hoping everything would be back to normal doing PT.

What I thought was a kneecap dislocation last summer was actually indeed a fracture which I’ve been keeping since.

On the upside, there’s a solution and second surgeon was baffled to see I wasn’t probably treated until now but I didn’t tell him I saw another before (it’s poor form to just go to the public hospital after an expensive clinic one).

I’ll therefore go to surgery which we haven’t defined yet for that knee, neither the operation or the date but my physical therapist assured me I was in good hands. Will let you guys know later how things pan out.
My younger brother died from a neglected broken leg. He lived in hilly country Alabama and was drunk and fell downhill and took a pretty good tumble. He managed to splint the leg and get back up the hill by himself but he wouldn't go to the emergency room where it would have been properly fixed. He lived with that leg for 3 years and he came to stay with my dog while I had a heart checkup which turned into nothing with no down time for me. He left for home about 3 days later and for some strange reason he took a bus that went to Dallas instead of the I-10 route to Houston on to Arizona where he lived at the time. I spent a lot of time talking to him by phone and enjoyed it very much but my oldest of two young sisters called me and told me he had died. He was having issues of low blood pressure due to that broken leg and would have times of passing out. He had a lay over in Dallas for a bus change and he passed out in a park across the street from the terminal. They took him to an emergency room and got him on his feet again and he made it home. He must have felt dizzy and had already been in bed for a couple days so he got up and got into the shower, he passed out and hit his head on something and it killed him. My purpose to share this with you is to just say how important the bones are in the body, the legs especially since they produce the most of our blood. In his case he was carrying around a useless leg that finally took him down. I saw the leg before he left and it was solid blue, I tried to get him to go to the emergency room but they would have probably removed the leg to save his life. I miss him and our conversations cussing all these sorry politicians and other worldly things. Ironically my Mother died of something very near what he had. In her case she had 3 knee replacements since the mid 70's and she bumped her leg doing something and it was on one of the knees. It got infected and they removed the knee during that virus outbreak so only one sister and her two daughters were able to visit her in Las Vegas. They kept her alive with drugs with no knee for 30 days and she finally couldn't take anymore and told them to stop all life saving care. She was 90 so it must have been one hell of a stress on her. Make damned sure your knee stays healthy and heels very soon.

Whilst walking along the riverside to work on yet another Quality Sunny Day .

Couldn't help but notice guys a mass of joggers wearing sports bra's .. those deflated Rucksacks .

I guess they just wanted to know what it feels like for a girl ....

Whilst walking along the riverside to work on yet another Quality Sunny Day .

Couldn't help but notice guys a mass of joggers wearing sports bra's .. those deflated Rucksacks .

I guess they just wanted to know what it feels like for a girl ....
I have so much free time anymore I watch youtube videos most of the day. There are hundreds of these sissies on camera screaming at people that work in fast food places for calling them sir. They mostly are all painted up and powdered trying to look like a woman but when they open their mouths they all sound like horses. I just roll on the floor laughing ... if I could get up off the floor. It is so crazy to see so many mental people in our society. When I was in the service we didn't have any of that and they would be mustered out the same day if they tried to cause any disturbance. We still had that blanket party that was a scene in Steel Metal Jacket, it was happening in the Army and the Marine Corps. There was always that bum that didn't want to shower and stay clean and they were the most targeted. All 3 of my Training bases had us living in those old WWII barracks made of wood. Fire Watch walking two hour shifts you would just walk back and fourth and anyone not watching was a sure target., the smoking ceased at lights out and of course there was always an idiot trying to smoke while he was on watch. They came down hard on those people that thought they could smoke on fire watch. The Department of Defense actually had a test to see how much time you had to get out of one of those wooden barracks and it was 2 minutes before the entire buildings would be consumed.. In 65 that's all they had was old barracks. All were replaced by 81-82. Fort Campbell had nice cement barracks but today all those are gone and college style campuses are where people live. Looks like an apartment complex on 5th avenue. I sure would hate to be in our Army today, have some huge bruiser he woman for platoon Sgt. I pass

Back