Politics Reparations ... The For and Against Speeches

colin traveller

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
The way i see it is simply a blatent desperation tactic by the Democrats to attempt to secure there vote in there hopeful quest of beating Trump in the 20/20

As that subject was never even a campaign agenda /promise by Obama never mind any other previous President .. And how in the actual chuff would they know who is telling the truth ? , To those merely looking for a cash hand out .. thus far i have not seen any mention of a set figure each person/ family will get .

And how much all in is it really going to cost ?

Against .......................
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And For ...

Danny Glovers Opinion

Last edited:

My country has been paying out reparations for injustices inflicted in the 19th century. I believe it's been a necessary part of the process of moving on from then. In our instance this was largely tribal based which wouldn't work for the US. But that's not to say that something couldn't be done.

Touchy subject especially for African-Americans and the hardest thing probably is to draw a line somewhere...

Most of Western Europe and that includes the UK has done wrong at some point with its former colonies... slavery, massacre, pillaging their ressources - all that stuff.

Sure, some far-right fellas will tell us these populations are now « returning the favor » and that is a « reparation » itself. IDK. Not fan of the victims mentality nor I am a fan of colonialism or enslaving population.

Touchy indeed
After all you can have also the "but your kin was also committing atrocities" and "colonialism brought you civilisation enlightements" (which are true to some extend)
We already discussed this topic before. From my personal pov, i would be OK with reparation to people that have suffered from slavery, forced labor, racial based jailing etc AND are still alive (that would be very few) because they deserve it
I would be OK with reparation to the communities for land grabbing and such ..... to the benefit of the comunities

I am not OK with reparations to individual X that is born in 1990 and claim reparation because his color/faith/family name was oppressed 150 years ago...