Intro Dick Thorne,memorial Page

debbie

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
hi all,
my name is DEBBIE THORNE,and i am the oldest daughter of RICHARD(DICK)THORNE.im not sure if anyone on here knew my dad,but he served 22yrs in the army.dad served in the royal pioneers,and was posted to aden in 1862-1964,dad then went back to aden in 1967.places dad served at are cyprus,aden,bicester(where he worked at the depot in the 70,s),ireland,arborfield(dad worked in the guardroom),kineton(dad worked in the guardroom)and 28 sigs krefeld germany(dad worked in the guardroom.i have made a memorial page for dad,its at www.gonetoosoon.co.uk if you click on the link,you go to there home page where in the left hand corner are 3 boxes put richard thorne,warrington and click it will then bring you to a box with richard francis thorne,click on there and you are now in my dads page.please feel free to go and look at the photos,and if you knew dad i would love for you to leave a message.i did set the site up with the hope that dads mates from his army days would leave messages.
i would like to thank you for taking the time to read my e-mail,and i would love to hear from anyone who knew my dad.
take care and kindest regards
debbie

Hi Debbie and welcome to the site. I’ve just had a quick glance at your site which I like and I’m sure will go far and If you wish I will let others know about. I was in the army for 25 years from 1956 – 1981 I started in the RA and transferred over to the RAMC. I never knew your father and I hope you have got over your loss.

Silky

hi silky

hi silky,
thank you for getting in touch.please feel free to let any army people know of my site,i appreciate it thank you.i have left messages everywhere in the hope that people who knew dad in the army would see them and go onto his site.it is strange to lose a parent at any age,but im thankful we had dad till we had all grown up and got lives of our own,and of course he got to see his grandchildren grown up.thank you again.
take care
debbie

Dads Memorial Site

my dad was a soilder through and through,and the best part of his life was when he was serving in the army.he was never the same when he came out and missed being in the army so much.i thought i would set up the webpage for dad,for anyone in or who has been in the forces to go in and leave messages.it was and is the best tribute i could pay to my dad,as his life was the army life.
kindest regards
take care
debbie